GRANT PROPOSAL INSTRUCTIONS
Once your Letter of Inquiry has been accepted by the Warner Fund, you may submit a full proposal, as instructed below.
I. SUMMARY: One page, maximum.
Please summarize in a short paragraph the purpose of your agency. Briefly explain why your agency is requesting this grant, how you will spend the funds if the grant is awarded, what outcomes you hope to achieve and how you will measure these outcomes. Please include a timeline of expenditures.
II. NARRATIVE: Nine pages, maximum.
Describe the work of your agency, addressing each of the following:
1. A brief description of its history and mission.
2. The need or challenge that your organization seeks to address, and the population that your agency serves, including geographic location, socio-economic status, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, and language.
3. Current programs and accomplishments. Please emphasize the achievements of the recent past.
4. Number of paid full-time staff; number of paid part-time staff; number of agency volunteers.
5. Describe your organization’s relationships- both formal and informal — with other organizations working to meet the same needs or providing similar services. Please explain how you differ from these other agencies?
6. Does your organization have an active board; number of board members and years that they have been active members. Please provide names and titles in the attachments.
B. Funding Request
Please describe the program for which you are seeking funding.
1. If applying for general operating support, briefly describe how this award will be used.
2. If your request is for a specific project, please explain the project including:
- A statement of its primary purpose and the need or problem that you are seeking to address.
- The population that you plan to serve and how this population will benefit from the project.
- Strategies that you will employ to implement your proposed project
- The proposed staffing plan for the project, and the names and titles of the individuals who will direct the project.
- Anticipated length of the project
- Describe how the project contributes to the organization’s overall mission.
C. Sustainability Plan
Please provide a comprehensive sustainability plan for your proposed project.
1. Please include a timetable of events and persons responsible to ensure sustainability by the end of your award period.
2. Please include a letter from your organizations Executive Director or Chief Operating Officer indicating that he/she are in agreement/support of this plan. (should be included in the attachment section).
Please be specific in how you plan to measure the effectiveness of your proposed project.
1. What evidenced-based evaluation tool do you plan to implement? Please describe your criteria for a successful project and the results you expect to achieve by the end of the funding period.
2. Provide the name and title of the person responsible for conducting the evaluation. (Please include a brief biographical sketch in the “Other Supporting Material” section.
If a grant is awarded The Warner Fund requires a six-month progress report and a final report at month twelve. Reporting forms can be located on our website.
Please label all attachments to correspond to the capitalized items below.
A. Financial Information - Please provide the dates that each document covers.
1. Your MOST RECENT FINANCIAL STATEMENT, audited if available. This statement should reflect actual expenditures and funds received during your most recent fiscal year.
2. Aligned side by side on the same page, your OPERATING EXPENSE BUDGETS for the current and most recent fiscal year.
3. Aligned side by side on the same page, A LIST OF foundation and corporate SUPPORTERS and all other sources of income, with amounts, for your current and most recent fiscal year.
4. Please list the foundations, corporations, and other SOURCES that you are SOLICITING FOR FUNDING and, to the best of your knowledge, the STATUS OF YOUR PROPOSAL with each. If project funding is requested:
5. Please provide a detailed budget WORKSHEET and budget NARRATIVE for your proposed project. Be sure to list each staff line separately and include percentage of time spent on the project.
6. A list of all SOURCES OF INCOME toward the project, actual and prospective with amounts.
B. Other Supporting Materials
1. A list of your Board of Directors, with their affiliations.
2. A copy of your most recent IRS letter indicating your agency’s tax exempt status, or, if not available, an explanation.
3. One paragraph biographical sketches of key staff, including qualifications relevant to the proposed project.
4. Your most recent annual report, if available
5. No more than three examples of recent articles about, evaluations of, your organization, if available.